2016 Photography Competition: A TASTE AWARDS Affiliate
PLEASE READ TERMS BELOW, OR RETURN BACK TO CONTEST PAGE.
AUTHORIZATION AND LIABILITY
- Contest Sponsor TCB-Cafe Publishing & Media LLC (also dba TasteTV, the TASTE AWARDS) reserves the right to reproduce selected works and honorable mentions in books, magazines, on the TCB-Cafe Publishing website and in any TCB-Cafe Publishing advertising or collateral associated with the photography competition publication and exhibition. Submission of work and application indicates acceptance of conditions stated below.
- By submitting an entry form to this competition, the Entrant hereby agrees to the following:
- • Entrant is solely responsible for obtaining necessary authorizations in order to submit their work to the Photography Competition (e.g. model release forms, etc).
- • Entrant confirms to TCB-Cafe Publishing that they have created and own the work submitted (including all elements of the work) and that nothing within any work has been copied or added from another person’s work.
- • Entrant confirms that the whole copyright and any other form of intellectual property right in the work is vested in them.
- • Entrant confirms that they have not in any way assigned, licensed, disposed of, or otherwise encumbered any of their rights which allow them to deal freely with the work and the copyright therein.
- • Entrant confirms that their work may be exhibited at specified galleries for group exhibition and hosted through the TCB-Cafe Publishing website, allowing for the photographer to retain complete control over the licensing and sale of their work.
- • Entrant confirms that TCB-Cafe Publishing may reproduce and may license the reproduction of the winners of the competition to be featured in a magazine publication utilizing the contest theme, without further compensation. This is a one-time use for publication only to identify and allow for exposure of the photographer’s work.
- • Entrant acknowledges that TCB-Cafe Publishing relies fully upon the warranties, confirmations and license given by Entrants when submitting their entries for consideration to the Photography Competition . Entrants indemnify and hold TCB-Cafe Publishing harmless from any claims, actions, proceedings costs and expenses arising as a result of any allegation that the relevant Entrant did not own or is not wholly entitled and authorized to allow publication and reproduction of the work by TCB-Cafe Publishing .
- • Entrant confirms they are agreeing to grant TCB-Cafe Publishing license for use of the photographs in displays related to the contest and in TCB-Cafe Publishing printed and electronic publications promoting the book and competition. The prize-winner nevertheless remains the sole copyright owner. The Entrant will be fully credited in all such displays and publications.
- • Entrant confirms the contest organizers reserve the right to disqualify entries which do not conform to the stated contest rules and criteria.
- • Entrant confirms that by submitting an Entry the Entrant hereby grants TCB-Cafe Publishing , its agents and assigns an irrevocable, royalty free, non-exclusive license throughout the world to publish and use the Entry in any TCB-Cafe Publishing publication, advertisement, marketing or promotional material related specifically to the Photography Competition or the subsequent magazine publication, by any means TCB-Cafe Publishing chooses, including without limitation print, electronic media and broadcast.
- • By submitting an Entry the Entrant confirms that it is entitled to grant the license referred to above and that it has obtained all necessary permissions, usage rights and waivers of moral rights from all third parties who contributed to or commissioned the Entry, including without limitation the advertiser whose goods or services the Entry promotes, producers, directors, photographers, illustrators and performers, together with the owners of any trade or service marks, whether registered or not, which are included in or form part of the Entry. The Entrant also confirms that the credits and information in the Entry are true and correct and that TCB-Cafe Publishing’s publication and use of those credits and information will not infringe any moral or other rights of the Entrant or any third party.
- • Entrant agrees to indemnify TCB-Cafe Publishing and to hold it harmless from any costs, expenses or damages, including court costs and reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of the breach or alleged breach of the above representations and warranties. Entrant agrees that TCB-Cafe Publishing shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from acts or omissions of Entrant, including but not limited to the payment of any money owed to interested third parties.
- • Entrant confirms TCB-Cafe Publishing reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject any Entry. TCB-Cafe Publishing further reserves the right, for any reason, not to publish the magazine for which the Call for Entries was intended.
Contest Sponsor shall not be held responsible for:
(a) any late, lost, mis-routed, garbled, delayed, inaccurate, incomplete, or distorted, damaged, ineligible or incomplete transmissions, registrations, or entries;
(b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer or communications-related malfunctions, failures, errors, or limitations of any kind relating to or in connection with the Event, including, without limitation, malfunctions, failures, errors or limitations which may occur in connection with the administration of the Event, the processing of entries, winner notification, or the conducting of the Event;
(c) any Event disruptions, injuries, losses, or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor, including, without limitation, theft, vandalism, or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials; or
(d) any printing or typographical or other errors in any materials associated with the Event. Entrant is responsible for online charges and fees incurred by it with any Internet Service Provider.
If Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that there is any suspected or actual tampering with the Contest, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right to void the entries at issue and/or terminate or modify the Contest and/or conduct an additional judging session to award the prizes using all eligible, non-winning entries received for such Contest as of the time of termination. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of this Contest is unlawful and subject to legal action.
The entry fee for the photo contest / art contest is $15 for the first image, $15 for each additional image. Entrants can submit multiple images up to five.
By entering the competition, Entrant agrees to the following terms regarding releases, etc.